The Domaine des Bellevues has the distinction of ensuring its production according to the organic farming and biodynamic viticulture methods. David Ramnoux is one of the pioneers in this field within the Cognac region.
Undertake biodynamic farming practices is a personal commitment and involvement in terms of labor. The estate manager renounces to a disproportionate productivity and adapts to the rhythms of nature. Biodynamic agriculture is also a way to maintain a relationship as independently as possible between soil nutrients and vines.
Biodynamic agriculture applied to the vine is particularly illustrated by the following objectives:
- Stimulate microbial life and humus formation in surface and depth, thanks to biodynamic preparations 500 and 500 P. This improves the absorption and retention of water in the soil and help to regulate the pH. This practice also stimulates the root development deeply in the soil, and thus enhance the terroir effect.
- Aerate the soil and favour the development of microorganisms and earthworms.
- Optimize photosynthesis with 501 spray mixture over the plant. This preparation promotes photosynthesis and regulates the development of the plant. It reduces the sensibility of vines diseases by improving the resistance of the epidermis of leaves and fruits.
- Limit soil compaction due to the passage of agricultural machinery.
- No use of synthetic pesticides.
- Work process influenced by the lunar and planet calendar.
- Favor biodiversity.